Newly-Released Overwatch Hero ‘Echo’ Is Banned This Week
Echo, Overwatch’s new hero release in April, has been banned from competitive play for the first time this week. The hero was released last April 14. Only a week up, casters have announced her ban alongside Tracer, Moira, and Orusa. We can safely assume that the new hero greatly affects overall gameplay and forces unreasonable adjustments. In fact, the presence of the new hero alone is enough to take part in the fluctuation of Bitcoin Overwatch odds.
The hero pool and ban reveal were announced on OWL’s official Youtube channel by Kevin “AVRL” Walker, an Overwatch Caster and former Player and Coach, and Matt “Pixie” Carroll, an Overwatch, Hearthstone, and League of Legends caster.
Encouraging players to appreciate Echo being banned, Kevin said: “Once we see Echo on ban the following week, that’s when we get to see the pros actually use her. And actually, you know, assuming that she’d be available for watching, that’s where we start to see some real high-level usage with all the pros get to have their turn to try Echo and see what they can do with it. But to be honest, I’m kind of okay looking at this list so far.”
In actuality, Echo being banned wouldn’t affect pro play that much as she’s only been out for a week. Once she is finally available in professional play, Blizzard expects to see online and pro players attempt to use her at different play levels.
Echo is a revolutionary robot programmed with an impressive artificial intelligence. She’s the product of experiments made by Singaporean scientist Dr. Mina Li, one of the founding members of Overwatch.
As she’s made to be smart and analytic, Echo can fill in multiple battlefield combat roles in Overwatch. The game, however, considers her as a Damage hero. She has a 2 out of 3 stars level of difficulty.
- TRI-SHOT – Echo can fire 3 shots at once, in a triangle pattern.
- STICKY BOMBS – Echo can fire a volley of sticky bombs that detonates after a delay.
- FLIGHT – When Echo surges forward quickly, she can fly freely.
- FOCUSING BEAM – Echo can channel a beam for a few seconds, dealing very high damage to targets with less than half health.
- GLIDE – Echo can glide while falling.
- DUPLICATE – Echo can duplicate a targeted enemy hero and gains use of their abilities.